May 31, 2021
Monday, May 31st
Good evening Mariner Families,
This is Ms. Doty with some important announcements:
- It is with mixed emotions that I share that Mr. Ronnie Gilmore will be retiring this year from his position as our lead custodian and bus driver. He's been here at PHS since 1999.His shoes will be impossible to fill but we couldn't be happier to help him celebrate this next adventure in his life. He will be joining his son in the trucking business, traveling the highways together. Please join me in wishing him the very best in this next phase of life.
- Field Days start this week. Detailed information is shared in the email version of this message:
Kindergarten Thursday, June 3 8:45am - 11:00am
1st Grade Thursday, June 3 12:15pm - 2:30pm
4th Grade Friday, June 4 8:45am - 11:00am
2nd Grade Friday, June 4 12:15pm - 2:30pm
5th Grade Monday, June 7 8:45am - 11:00am
3rd Grade Monday, June 7 12:15pm - 2:30pm
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
We will be very active and outside for the entire time, so please make sure your child is dressed as they would for PE class:
- Tennis Shoes – NO SANDALS, NO CROCS, NO FLIP FLOPS!!
- Hat for Sun Protection & Water Bottle
- No Swim Suits!
Several of our stations involve water activities where kids will get WET. Please make sure your child brings a fresh, dry change of clothes, extra shoes, extra mask and a towel for afterwards! No swim suits, please. NOTE: Per CCS Policy, masks are optional while outside the school building.
PHS virtual students are invited to join in on the outdoor fun! Please RSVP here by May 27 so that we can plan accordingly! (Virtual Students ONLY) RSVP here to Attend Field Days!
We will miss our parent volunteers this year, due to CCS visitor restrictions, but are very happy that we're able to end the school year with this great tradition for our students!!
3. All library books are due by this Wednesday, June 2nd. Please check with your student to see if they have a book checked out. Book notices were sent home with students this past week.
4. All are welcome at our final PTA meeting of the year Thursday, June 3 at 7:30 via zoom. We need at least 20 members present to hold our elections for the new PTA board.