Here’s what you need to know about COVID protocols:
We know the COVID protocols have changed and they can be confusing. Here’s a quick primer on what you need to know for different circumstances and where you can access resources and information.
Following these protocols will help stem the spread of the virus and keep our children in school and extracurricular activities happening. We appreciate what everyone is doing to stay safe.
Positive = 5 days quarantine if no fever for 24 hours and improved symptoms then 5 days masked.
Symptomatic = 5 days quarantine if no fever for 24 hours and improved symptoms or shorter quarantine if a negative covid test is provided then 5 days masked.
Exposed vaccinated (including boosted if eligible) = no quarantine but 10 days masked.
Exposed at home and not up-to-date on vaccination = 5 days quarantined then 5 days masked.
Exposed outside of home and not up-to-date on vaccination: Should get a COVID test on day one and day five after you are notified of the exposure. No quarantine but 10 days masked.
- Please notify the school nurse, teacher or school administrator your student tests positive.
- Staff members who test positive should contact their supervisors for guidance.
- CCS encourages anyone who believes they have been exposed to the virus to take a COVID test.
- If you would like to order free home tests, you can do so through the U.S. government at https://www.covidtests.gov/.
- Additional resources and information can be found on the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services site at https://bit.ly/3IEV8tI
- Chatham County Schools has a limited number of tests available for staff at each worksite. Employees should consult with their supervisors as needed.
- Additional information can be found on the district's website at COVID Information.
- A reminder that Chatham County Schools currently requires staff, students and visitors to wear masks in our buildings.