This Week @ NHS
This Week (5/19-5/25/2019) at Northwood High School
“Academics, Activities, Alumni, Arts & Athletics… This is Northwood High School”
- Please congratulate the following track athletes for participating in the regional meet on 5/11. They had to be the top 16 in the region to participate in their event: Samantha Ennis, Caroline Murrell, Liv Riggsbee, Caroline Yell, Tessa Yell, Sophia Smith, Annika Tracy, Kevin Barnes, Aaron Ross, Malachi Levy, Colin Henry, Carter Pippin, Ken Montgomery, Liam Suarez, Marco Sanchez, Gabe Copp, and Chirs Ocariza. Also congratulate the athletes who placed in the top 4 in their event at the regional meet, and will now be competing at the state meet this Friday: Samantha Ennis (shotput & discus), Sophia Smith (pole vault), Girls 4 x800: Caroline Murrell, Tessa Yell, Caroline Yell, and Liv Riggsbee, Caroline Murrell (3200m), Annika Tracy (300m Hurdles), and Malachi Levy (1600m).
- Congratulations to Adam Glick who advanced to the 3A Golf state championships
- Congratulations and a good job to the Lady Soccer team for advancing to the 3rd round of the Soccer Championship. What a great Season
- Congratulations to Our unified track relay team has made it to the NCHSSA State Championship for their 4x100.
- SENIORS-all fees must be paid to be able to participate at Graduation. This includes technology fees, cafeteria balances (past years and present), library books, textbooks, calculators, and athletic equipment/uniforms. FEES DUE BY MAY 31st.
- Seniors: Tuesday-May 21 will be the last day to get CPR training in the gym during Plus 1. If you do not attend this last session, it is your responsibility to get the certification. If you do not get the certification, you will not be able to graduate
- Rising Juniors & Seniors-all fees must be paid to be able to purchase parking permits for the 2019-20 school year. This includes technology fees, cafeteria balances (past years and present), library books, textbooks, calculators, and athletic equipment/uniforms. FEES DUE BY MAY 31st.
- The 2018-2019 school year is almost at an end, which means the Yearbook will be coming out soon! Make sure to buy yours now to guarantee that you get your copy in May! The current price is $80; order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com.
- Final exams for semester-long courses are June 3-7. Please go to bit.ly/nhsfinals19 to access the schedule. If you have a student in the freshman hybrid program, please go to bit.ly/nhshybrid19 to access the schedule for your student.
If you have any questions, please contact our testing coordinator Ms Emily Brown.
- FCCLA and Virlie's will be teaming up for Dining for Dollars on Wednesday May 22. FCCLA will earn a portion of the proceeds from the evening meals between 5:00 and 8:30 PM. Eat in or Take out are included. Thanks to Virlie's Grill in downtown Pittsboro for their support in our fundraising efforts.
- Charge is Northwood's first exclusive juried visual arts gallery book, perfect-bound and printed in beautiful full color glory! The 106 page volume was created by our Charge staff and features all Northwood student artwork, as well as photographs and bios of the more than 60 student artists. It's a keepsake, but it's also a gorgeous art book you'd be proud to have on your coffee table! Buy it online for only $25 here: http://bit.ly/2Hn75rv. You can also look for the link in your email or on the NHS home page!
- Don't forget to re-link your Harris Teeter VIC Cards to Northwood High School!
Northwood High School Calendar
Monday, May 20
Tuesday, May 21
7:00pm-Spring Student Choreography Showcase
Thursday, May 23
6:30pm-NHS FFA Banquet
7:00pm-Spring Band Concert
Click here for additional Charger athletic information including game schedule information