This Week @ NHS
This Week (2/16-2/23/2020) at Northwood High School
“Academics, Activities, Alumni, Arts & Athletics… This is Northwood High School”
Congratulations to our Swim Team for make it to the Regionals
Congratulations to Dream Walker who placed 4th in NCHSAA State world Women’s wrestling championship
Congratulations to the Women’s basketball team for being conference champs !!!
- An invitation has been extended to a district-wide event that we’re calling Family Fest. It’s February 25th from 5:00 to 7:45 in the evening at Jordan-Matthews High School. It’ll be a time for you to learn more about not only our school-based resources but also what’s available in the community for families. You’ll be able to drop in on the sessions that address your particular needs. Let me draw special attention to the asthma clinic that will be set up by the Chatham County Public Health Department. Bring your child’s asthma inhaler and spacer for tips on proper usage. Representatives from the health department will also provide information about asthma triggers and medication. The YMCA will have activities for children ages 5 to 17, which includes a virtual-reality truck. Dinner will be provided starting at 5:00 PM in the cafeteria. And you don’t want to miss the drawings for opportunities to win free wifi access for a year or an Apple iPad or all sorts of gift cards. There is no charge for any of this. Looking forward to seeing you at Jordan-Matthews on Feb. 25th from 5:00 to 7:45 at Family Fest.
Northwood High School PTSA is hosting a SAT Skills and Strategies Seminar March 7, 9am-12pm. The seminar is only $35. Space is limited, so register today!https://northwoodhs.memberhub.
- Senior Parents: Please visit our new senior page under students on our NHS website. Information will be posted as needed pertaining to upcoming events, scholarships, and graduation.
- April 1, 2020, is Census Day. The local organizing committee for the census is encouraging all of our families to complete their census forms online, by phone or through the mail by April 1. It’s important and only takes about 10 minutes to complete. Our census data has lasting impacts on what Chatham County becomes for our children and students. It impacts new roads, schools, hospitals and even businesses. And all information shared is protected by law and cannot be shared with any other government agency, landlords, schools or employers. So no matter an individual’s legal status, age, race or national origin, that person should be counted. So again, please complete your household’s census form by April 1 because it is safe, easy and important.
- Do you know someone that needs to be nominated for the Chatham County Schools Distinguished Alumni Program? Think about someone who graduated at least 10 years ago from Chatham County Schools and deserves recognition. Leave the name of that person on the voicemail when you call 919-545-7975.
The 2020 Senior Graduation has been changed to Friday, June 12, 2020, at 1:30pm. The graduation will be held at the Dean Smith Center on the UNC campus.
The Yearbook is currently on sale for $80. Order at wwww.jostensyearbooks.com!
- Don't forget to re-link your Harris Teeter VIC Cards to Northwood High School!
Click here for additional Charger athletic information including game schedule information.