Student Application Information
Application Information for 2019-2020
Chatham County is home to the Chatham School of Science and Engineering, and early college option for rising 9th graders. In order for students to attend CSSE, they must first apply. The application is provided below.
- Must be a resident of Chatham County.
- Must apply during 8th grade year.
- Application - Students will complete the application online from the Cabarrus County Schools - School Choice website. The teacher recommendation form must be turned into their middle school counselors.
- Interviews - As part of the application process, both the students and parents must participate in an interview. Applicants will be contacted to schedule the interviews.
- Notification - After all interviews are completed, all applicants are notified by mail as to the status of their application.
The following are important dates in the application process.
- October 8-19, 2018 Middle School informational presentations begin October 22, 2018
- Applications available to students from School Counselors and online
- January 17, 2019 Parent and student Open House at School of Science and Engineering
- January 25, 2019 Completed applications due to School Counselors
- February 21, 2019 Freshman interviews-held on the CCI campus
- March 4, 2019 Tentative notification for rising freshmen accepted to the CSSE