Welcome to Northwood Student Services!
Department Phone Number: 919.542.5877
Department Fax Number: 919.542.5043
Student Services Staff
Donna Hembrick, Counselor: All AVID & 9-12 Last names A-E (email@example.com)
Maureen Farrington, Counselor: 9-12 Last Names F-H (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telisa Hunter, Counselor: Department Chair & 9-12 Last Names I-P (email@example.com)
Jaime Sanchez, Counselor: 9-12 Last Names Q-Z (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wanda Kidd, Student Services Secretary (email@example.com)
Melissa Lassen, School Nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Arius Rowe, School Social Worker (email@example.com)
Student Services Announcements
Women in Science • Medicine • Engineering Opportunity
We’re very excited to announce an upcoming Perry Outreach Program on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston Salem, NC. The Perry Outreach Program is a free, one-day, hands-on experience for high school women who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine and engineering. Students will hear from women leaders in these fields and try it for themselves by performing mock orthopaedic surgeries and biomechanics experiments.
We are now seeking applicants for our Winston Salem, NC program. Participants should be women in grades 10 and up with an expressed interest in science, medicine and/or engineering. We would very much appreciate if you could pass this information along to any high school principals, high school science teachers or high school students you may know. Applicants should be directed to fill out our online application in advance of the January 16, 2019 application deadline.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.perryinitiative.org
The application may be accessed directly using the following link: http://perryinitiative.org/
The SAT is offered on the following dates for the 2018-2019 school year:
Dates in BOLD indicate the SAT is offered at Northwood High School.
- Oct. 6, 2018 (Reg. by 9/7/18, Late reg. w/added fee by 9/26/18)
- Nov. 3, 2018 (Reg. by 10/5/18, Late reg. w/added fee by 10/24/18)
- Dec. 1, 2018 (Reg. by 11/2/18, Late reg. w/added fee by 11/20/18)
- Mar. 9, 2019 (Reg. by 2/8/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 2/27/19)
- May 4, 2019 (Reg. by 4/5/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 4/24/19)
- June 1, 2019 (Reg. by 5/3/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 5/22/19)
Create an account on CollegeBoard.org to register for the SAT.The ACT is offered on the following dates for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Oct. 27, 2018 (Reg. by 9/28/18, Late reg. w/added fee by 10/14/18)
- Dec. 8, 2018 (Reg. by 11/2/18, Late reg. w/added fee by 11/19/18)
- Feb. 9, 2019 (Reg. by 1/11/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 1/18/19)
- Apr. 13, 2019 (Reg. by 3/8/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 3/25/19)
- June 8, 2019 (Reg. by 5/3/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 5/20/19)
- July 13, 2019 (Reg. by 6/14/19, Late reg. w/added fee by 6/24/19)
Create an account on ACT.org to register for the ACT.
If you have questions regarding when you should register for a test or which test would be best for you to take talk to a member of NHS Student Services.
CFNC.org is a great resources when searching for scholarships/grants!