New to Chatham County?
Chatham County Families Guide
Welcome to the Horton Middle School community! Our school, which serves students in grades 5-8, is in the Chatham County school district.
What school will my child attend?
Please use the school assignment locator to look up your street address to find out your child's school assignment.
Enrollment Contact at Horton Middle School
Please call Wanda Bland, school data manager, at 919-542-2303.
To Enroll Your Child at Horton Middle School
Complete all forms in the registration packet, which may be picked up from school.
You will need the following documentation:
- Proof of Residence. The proof of residence must be in the name of the parent or a legal guardian/legal custodian. This can be:
- A current, recently dated residential utility bill (such as gas, water, electric, or landline phone); or
- A signed lease or rental agreement; or
- A signed closing statement or construction agreement with the closing date within 45 days of enrollment of the student; or
- A statement from the school social worker verifying, after a visit to the address, that the family does reside in the identified dwelling.
- Proof of guardianship, if not the biological parent.
- Birth certificate of the student you wish to enroll.
- Immunization record of the student you wish to enroll.
If parents or legal guardians reside outside of Chatham County while waiting to move into the address requiring proof of residence, then it will be necessary to complete an application for discretionary admission, which requires payment for out-of-district tuition (Chatham County Board of Education policies 4130 and 4135).