We are currently accepting applications for 2018-2019 school year at individual school sites. Please contact the school office and pick up an application if you are interested and return the application to the site where you are interested in applying or to Cindy King.
Sites where we currently have Pre-K and children are REQUIRED to be 4 by Aug. 31st, 2018 to be eligible:
- Virginia Cross Elementary
- Siler City Elementary
- Moncure School
- North Chatham
- Perry Harrison
- Pittsboro Elementary
Sites where we currently have Pre-K and children are REQUIRED to be 3 by Aug. 31st, 2018 to be eligible: [We accept 3 and 4 year olds at these sites.]
- $200.00 application/acceptance fee deposit (non-refundable when you are accepted - does NOT go toward monthly tuition)
- $575.00 per month (September – June) - - - regular school day.
- An additional $135.00 per month (September – June) - - - extended care is currently offered at North Chatham, Perry Harrison and Pittsboro
NOTE: We do accept Subsidy vouchers.
All Pre-k classes follow the Chatham County Board Approved 10 month calendar.
The following information is required for a completed application packet:
- Completed Forms (Applications: DCDEE, DPI student enrollment Powerschool form, NCPreK - if you want to be considered for NCPreK)
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate (verify age)
- Updated/Current shot record with all required immunizations
- Physical completed after acceptance into our program (within the first 30 calendar days - September)
- Copy of a picture ID and a bill (proof of address)
Please turn all the above completed applications prior to the second Friday in March to be considered for early private pay enrollment.
NOTE: We do accept applications all year however, the second Friday in March will be used to determine space availability in the district.
Every effort will be made to notify parents late April/May about their child’s acceptance for the Private Pay slots - - - Title I and NCPreK slots will be filled as late as end of July to mid-August when the funds/slots have been released - - - Title I Screening for interested applicants will be in late May and early June by appointment only. If you have questions, contact Cindy King at 919-663-3610 ext 1.
NCPreK (Child MUST be 4 by or on August 31, 2018)
What is this?
These slots are available in ALL 14 preschool classrooms across Chatham County. This is a state supported program for “at risk preschoolers” for a 6 ½ hour preschool day (8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m) who meet the required eligibility. If you are interested in applying, please see the front office or pre-k teacher to give you a NCPreK application. You have to be eligible to enter into this program. (Slots are limited.)
Title I (Child MUST be 4 by or on August 31, 2018)
What is this?
These are slots that are available based on students that have the greatest academic need and screening is required and covers a 6 ½ hour preschool day (8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m) if your child is eligible for the allotted slots. Not all students who screen will be eligible and qualify for this program. (Slots are limited.)