Chatham County School Regular Education Pre-K - - - Our 2023/2024 application/registration will be on-line beginning this year.
We will begin accepting applications for 2023 - 2024 school year on January 23, 2023. Please visit our PowerSchool Registration website for links to the application. (Mobile device will not display all of the questions, please use a computer to complete on-line registration.)
If you are applying for financial assistance, you will need to go to "how to apply" and download the NCPK application and submit all required documents.
Sites where we currently have Pre-K and children are REQUIRED to be 4 by Aug. 31st to be eligible:
- Chatham Grove Elementary
- North Chatham Elementary
- Perry Harrison Elementary
- Pittsboro Elementary
- Siler City Elementary
- Virginia Cross Elementary
Sites where we currently have Pre-K and children are REQUIRED to be 3 or 4 by Aug. 31st to be eligible: (4 year olds receive priority)
Current Private Pay Fees for the 2023-2024 school year:
- $750.00 application/acceptance fee deposit (non-refundable when you are accepted - does NOT go toward monthly tuition)
- $750.00 per month (September – June) - - - regular school day (8-2:30)
* We do accept Subsidy vouchers at Bennett, North Chatham, Perry Harrison, Pittsboro, Siler City, Virginia Cross)
* If we are required to close for any reason, tuition remains due in full. (This includes COVID closures.)
* All Pre-k classes follow the Chatham County Board Approved 10 month calendar (but our start date is in September and PreK will begin over the first couple of weeks in September). We do not offer care on workdays, holidays, inclement weather or during the summer.
* Curriculum for PreK:
Afterschool Opportunities: (click on blue link to view flyer) Chatham YMCA PreK Afterschool Flyer
The following information is required for a completed application packet:
- Completed Chatham County School on-line registration/application and seperate NCPreK application - if you want to be considered for NCPreK)
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate
- Updated/Current shot record with all required immunizations
- Physical completed after acceptance into our program (within the first 30 calendar days - September)
- Copy of a picture ID and a bill (proof of address)
- Medical Action Plans are due to complete application.
Please turn all the above completed applications prior to March 1, 2023 to be considered in the first round of private pay enrollment.
NOTE: We do accept applications all year, however, age eligible four year olds receive priority of our slots.
Every effort will be made to notify parents late April/May about their child’s acceptance for the Private Pay slots only - - - Title I and NCPreK slots will be filled as late as end of July to mid-August when the funds/slots have been released - - - Title I Screening for interested applicants will be in late May and early June by appointment only. If you have questions, contact Cindy King at 919-663-3610 ext 1 or ext 2 (for Spanish).
NCPreK (Child MUST be 4 by or on August 31)
What is this?
These slots are available in ALL 11 preschool classrooms across Chatham County. This is a state supported program for “at risk preschoolers” for a 6 ½ hour preschool day (8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m) who meet the required eligibility. If you are interested in applying, please see the front office or pre-k teacher to give you a NCPreK application. You have to be eligible to enter into this program. (Slots are limited.)
Title I (Child MUST be 4 by or on August 31)
What is this?
These are slots that are available based on students that have the greatest academic need and screening is required and covers a 6 ½ hour preschool day (8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m) if your child is eligible for the allotted slots. Not all students who screen will be eligible and qualify for this program. (Slots are limited.)