School Improvement Plan
Silk Hope School
The school improvement planning model is based upon a continuous improvement approach. School improvement planning provides a mechanism for identifying needs and establishing a common approach to meeting those needs at the school level. Effective school improvement planning contributes to overall school performance by:
- Establishing an understanding of the "big picture" of a school's current state, including student achievement, school environment, teacher community, parent community, and administrative issues;
- Reading consensus across the school community on which needs represent the highest priorities for action based upon the potential to improve overall student and school performance; and
- Identifying for implementation goals and strategies, including specific targets, indicators and milestons required to address the school priorities.
Note: The North Carolina Department of Instruction hosts the Silk Hope School Improvement Plan on Indistar* Access to the Silk Hope School Improvement Plan can be found at http://www.indistar.org). Users need to access the plan with the following:
- Guest Login: GuestS15854
- Guest Password: GuestS15854
* Indistar is a web-based system implemented by the North Carolina Department of Instruction for use by school improvement teams to inform, coach, sustain, track, and report improvement activities.
Access current School Improvement Plan below.