School Improvement Plan
Silk Hope School
The school improvement planning model is based upon a continuous improvement approach. School improvement planning provides a mechanism for identifying needs and establishing a common approach to meeting those needs at the school level. Effective school improvement planning contributes to overall school performance by:
- Establishing an understanding of the "big picture" of a school's current state, including student achievement, school environment, teacher community, parent community, and administrative issues;
- Reading consensus across the school community on which needs represent the highest priorities for action based upon the potential to improve overall student and school performance; and
- Identifying for implementation goals and strategies, including specific targets, indicators and milestons required to address the school priorities.
Note: The North Carolina Department of Instruction hosts the Silk Hope School Improvement Plan on Indistar* Access to the Silk Hope School Improvement Plan can be found at http://www.indistar.org). Users need to access the plan with the following:
- Guest Login: GuestS15854
- Guest Password: GuestS15854
* Indistar is a web-based system implemented by the North Carolina Department of Instruction for use by school improvement teams to inform, coach, sustain, track, and report improvement activities.
2022-2023 School Improvement Team Meetings
3:20pm-4:45pm (PLC Room)
- August 18: SIT Retreat from 8:30am--2:00pm
- September 19
- October 17
- November 21
- January 30
- February 20
- March 27
- April 24
- May 15
Click here to access the 21-22 School Improvement Plan.