Welcome to the Chatham County School District. The mission of Chatham County Schools is to graduate globally competitive, well-rounded students by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum in an effective, safe, and nurturing learning environment.
Chatham County Schools has seventeen schools: four high schools (three traditional and one alternative), three middle schools, five K-8 schools, and five elementary schools. Slightly more than 8,200 students enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grades. Drivers of 91 yellow school buses travel over 1,105,500 miles each school year transporting approximately 3,800 students to and from school. Multiple schools have pre-kindergarten and after school programs. The district employs over 1,300 people.
What school will my child attend?
Please use the School Assignment Locator to look up your street address to find out your child's school assignment.
Enrollment Contact at Pittsboro Elementary (K-5)
Susanna Berry- 919-542-3987To Enroll Your Child at Pittsboro Elementary: Complete All Forms in Registration Packet(may be picked up from school)You will need the following documentation:1. Proof of Residence - The proof of residence must be in the name of the parent or a legal guardian/legal custodian.
2. Proof of guardianship, if not the biological parent3. Birth Certificate4. Immunization Record
- Current, recently dated residential utility bill (gas, water, electric, land-line phone); OR
- Signed lease/rental agreement OR
- Signed closing statement or construction agreement with closing date within 45 day of enrollment of student OR
- A statement from the School Social Worker verifying, after a visit to the address, that the family does reside in the identified dwelling.
If parents or legal guardians reside outside of Chatham County while waiting to move into the address requiring proof of residence, then it will be necessary to complete an application for discretionary admission, which requires payment for out-of-district tuition (Chatham County Board of Education policies 4130 and 4135).