- In grades 6-8, the student must pass at least one less course than the number of required core courses each semester and meet Chatham County School's promotion standards. Students must pass 3 of 4 academic courses and two of these courses have to be English and Math.
- If an athlete is “academically eligible” at the beginning of any semester, that status is retained throughout the full semester. The school principal will check the academic status of each student/athlete enrolled in school at the beginning and close of a semester.
- NOTE: An athlete becomes eligible or ineligible on the first day of the new semester.
- The principal must have evidence of the legal birth date of the student. A student shall not participate on a seventh or eighth grade team if the student becomes 15 years of age on or before October 16 of that school year.
- A player must be in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester.
- Medical Form
- The student must receive a medical examination each year (365 days) by a duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, subject to the provisions of G.S.90-9, 90-18.1, and 90-18.2.
- Each year the athlete must be promoted from the previous grade.
- The student must meet the residence criteria of G.S. 115C-366(a). The student may participate only at the school to which the student is assigned by Chatham County Schools. A student who transfers from another administrative unit to Chatham County Schools and was eligible for athletic participation in the previous district is immediately eligible for athletic participation in the receiving unit.
Updated 2020-21 Physical Requirements
Date of Current Physical Requirements for 2020-21 School Year
1. Prior to 3/1/19 1. Need valid, up to date physical prior to participating.
2. On or after 3/1/19 through 5/1/20. 2. Temporary extension through end of 2020-21 school year.
3. On or after 5/2/2020. 3. Will participate based on the current policy of being "Valid for 395 days".
How to Join Remind for Athletics:
Click on the Remind tab under links
sign up, the class is Moncure Athletics, use code qathletics
Then you will get a welcome message.
If you have not joined the Moncure Athletics Remind, please do so as soon as you can. We will communicate a lot of information this way.
REQUIRED THRIFT SHOP HOURS FOR MONCURE ATHLETES
1 Sport = 9 Hours
2 Sports = 12 Hours
3 Sports = 15 Hours
Working at the thrift store during the week in the evenings, such as on Tuesday night when Moncure has scheduled worknights, you can earn apporximately 3 hours each night. You can also sign up to empty the dropbox and get approximately 3 hours as well each time. These hours are for the full entire school year.
Working in July or August earns double time for the athlete & anyone working with them. The funds raised are for purchasing uniforms as needed, pay officials, transportation to away games, & items needed for each sport.