Please follow Moncure Athletics on Twitter @MoncureSports
Sign up for Remind to receive text messages on what's happening at Moncure School, ie- practice/game times and cancellations, weather cancellations, etc...
On a Smartphone- open web browser and go to the following link- rmd.at/qathletics
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You'll be prompted to download the mobile app.
*If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @qathletics to the number 81010. If you're having trouble with 81010, try texting @qathletics to (919)813-6998.
COVID Guidance for Athletics
Universal masking indoors for all students and adults applies to athletics.
Although our fall sports are all outside, this applies to the locker room, going to a
restaurant on the way back to school, and if they go inside to do something due
to weather, etc.
*Universal masking on school buses applies to activity buses as well. Activity
buses should be disinfected when they return to school. It would be a good idea
to be sure students are seated in the same seat both to and from the game.
*Current guidance for disinfecting is very different from what we had last year.
The earlier focus on trading out game balls, no shared items, and cohorting are
no longer in place. Continue emphasizing the use of hand sanitizer and proper
*Encourage students to maintain minimal (3 feet) of distancing while standing on
the sideline. Avoid congestion!
*Students/adults who wish to be masked outside can certainly choose to do so.
*Remember that our strategy is to not "Void the Warranty" and have to start
sending students home because they are close contacts. We will have positives;
we do not want to have quarantines.
*Communicate information with parents and student-athletes to be sure our
expectations are clear and followed.
- In grades 6-8, the student must pass at least one less course than the number of required core courses each semester and meet Chatham County School's promotion standards. Students must pass 3 of 4 academic courses and two of these courses have to be English and Math.
- If an athlete is “academically eligible” at the beginning of any semester, that status is retained throughout the full semester. The school principal will check the academic status of each student/athlete enrolled in school at the beginning and close of a semester.
- NOTE: An athlete becomes eligible or ineligible on the first day of the new semester.
- Age – shall not participate on a 6th, 7th, or 8th grade team if the student becomes 15 years of age on or before August 31 of that school year.
- A player must be in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester.
- Medical Form
- The student must receive a medical examination each year (365 days) by a duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, subject to the provisions of G.S.90-9, 90-18.1, and 90-18.2.
- Each year the athlete must be promoted from the previous grade.
- The student must meet the residence criteria of G.S. 115C-366(a). The student may participate only at the school to which the student is assigned by Chatham County Schools. A student who transfers from another administrative unit to Chatham County Schools and was eligible for athletic participation in the previous district is immediately eligible for athletic participation in the receiving unit.
REQUIRED THRIFT SHOP HOURS FOR MONCURE ATHLETES
1 Sport = 9 Hours
2 Sports = 12 Hours
3 Sports = 15 Hours
Working at the thrift store during the week in the evenings, such as on Tuesday night when Moncure has scheduled worknights, you can earn apporximately 3 hours each night. You can also sign up to empty the dropbox and get approximately 3 hours as well each time. These hours are for the full entire school year.
Working in July or August earns double time for the athlete & anyone working with them. The funds raised are for purchasing uniforms as needed, pay officials, transportation to away games, & items needed for each sport.
Sports Schedules 2021-22
Moncure Spring Sports Schedules 2022
Girls Volleyball Schedule
Thursday 3/10- AT Bonlee
Tuesday 3/15- AT Silk Hope
Thursday 3/17- Home vs. JSW
Tuesday 3/22- Home vs. Pollard
Thursday 3/24- Home vs. Horton
Tuesday 3/29- AT Bennett
Thursday 3/31- Home vs. Chatham Middle
Tuesday 4/5- 1v4, 2v3, 5v8, 6v7
Thursday 4/7- 1v3, 2v4, 5v7, 6v8
Tuesday 4/12- 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8
Gametime- 4:15 pm
Girls Soccer Schedule
Wednesday 3/9- Home vs Pollard (Rescheduled for Monday 4/11)***
Monday 3/14- AT Horton
Wednesday 3/16- AT Chatham Middle (Rescheduled for Monday 4/4)***
Monday 3/21- AT Pollard
Wednesday 3/23- Home vs Horton (Rescheduled for Wednesday 4/6)***
Monday 3/28- AT Horton
Wednesday 3/30- Home vs Chatham Middle
Monday 4/4- 1v4, 2v3
Wednesday 4/6- 1v3, 2v4
Monday 4/11- 1v2, 3v4
Gametime- 4:15 pm