"We Go Together" from Grease
  • Welcome to Jordan-Matthews! We're glad you've chosen to become a member of our school community. A parent or guardian must come with a student to enroll, and below are the steps you need to take:

    NOTE: If English is a second language, individuals must register at the Intake Center located at Virginia Cross Elementary (919-663-7426).


     • Make an appointment: Individuals enrolling will register with JM Counselor Mrs. Tammy Morris.  Appointments are preferred.  Should a parent/guardian come without an appointment there is no guarantee that he/she will be able to complete the registration process that day.  Appointments can be made by contacting the counseling secretary, Mrs. Nancy Myles, at 919-663-3820.

    • Residence: If you have questions about your school assignment, check the district School Assignment Locator for your street. Make sure you bring with you proof of residence, which must be in the name of the parent or guardian, and can be:

    ◦ Current, recently dated residential utility bill (gas, water, electric, land-line phone); OR

    ◦ Signed lease/rental agreement OR

    ◦ Signed closing statement or construction agreement with closing date within 45 day of enrollment of student OR

    ◦ A statement from the School Social Worker verifying, after a visit to the address, that the family does reside in the identified dwelling.

    Should a parent want to transfer his/her student to JM from another Chatham County school, a Request for Reassignment, available on the district site, must be completed and submitted to Mr. Chris Blice at the Central Office. Students cannot register at JM until the reassignment has been approved.

     • Parental:  All enrolling students must bring a birth certificate, and proof of guardianship from the courts if not the biological parent.  A notarized statement is NOT proof of guardianship.

     • Immunization Record

     • School Records: Students must have proof of being in grades 9-12 or promotion into grade 9. Bring one or more of the following:

    ◦ Withdrawal Form OR

    ◦ Transcript OR

    ◦ Report Card 

    ◦ Copy of Individual Education Plan OR 504 Plan, if applicable

    • Please Note: In some circumstances, students may not be able to start school the same day they enroll.  The Counseling Department must contact the previous school to inform them of the transfer and officially have the student released from that school.  If there is no documentation of grades and/or classes in progress presented to the counseling office, there will be a delay as this information is required to ensure students are placed in the appropriate classes.

    If parents or legal guardians reside outside of Chatham County while waiting to move into the address requiring proof of residence, then it will be necessary to complete an application for discretionary admission, which requires payment for out-of-district tuition (Chatham County Board of Education policies 4130 and 4135).