Jordan-Matthews is a small, 2-A school with big opportunities. Opened in 1957 and located in a residential section of Siler City, North Carolina, we have a student body of about 900 and a staff of about sixty. We have a broad range of programs and academic choices to serve all our students, including:
- Advanced Placement courses
- Award-winning Career and Technical Education clubs and programs
- The JMHS Jets Athletics program, which fields 18 varsity teams.
- 1-to-1 Laptop Initiative, where every student is assigned a Chromebook to use at school and at home.
- AVID, a national college readiness program; students interview in eighth grade.
- Dual Language Program Spanish/English leading to the Seal of Bi-literacy. JM is one of the few high schools in the country that offers this program, the capstone of study that begins in kindergarten. (Dual Language video)
- Career and College Promise, which offers college classes at no cost to Chatham students through Central Carolina Community College.