School Staff Will:
● Report student progress to parents through conferences, phone calls, written reports, regular assessment
● Provide opportunities for parents to learn how to help students: conferences, family curriculum nights, newsletters, and articles.
● Provide instructional services to students in need of further assistance.
● Provide a supportive environment for the development of the basic skills in all subject areas.
● Provide instructional activities which may include before and after school tutoring.
● Provide a quiet time and place for homework, monitor assignments, and monitor TV viewing
● Ensure that their children attend school every day and arrive on time
● Ensure that their children get adequate sleep, regular medical and dental attention, and proper nutrition
● Be supportive of the school through attendance at Parent-Teacher conferences, Parent Education nights, and Home and School Partnership functions
● Notify the school of any special concerns or circumstances
● Communicate the importance of education and learning to their child(ren)
● Be proud of their intelligence!
● Respect the school, classmates, staff, and family
● Approach their studies with COLLEGE as a goal.
● Make education a high priority, including positive participation in class and school activities and working to achieve and exceed potential.
● Take responsibility for their learning, behavior, and success.
● Maturely handle the freedoms and scheduling of a college setting.
● Demonstrate the ability to make mature, independent, productive choices and accept responsibility for those choices.
● Come to school ready for learning with necessary materials, assignments, and homework.
● Demonstrate their best efforts on all assignments.
● Strive to be active participants in class and ask appropriate questions.
● Know and follow school and class rules.
● Communicate regularly with their parents and teachers about school experiences so they can be helped to succeed in school.
● Study or read every day after school.