Northwood School Facts
- Northwood is heavily involved with NCASA . Due to COVID-19, some competitions were postponed. However, Northwood achieved recognition through participation in the following:
- Art Showcase- 6th place overall show, Nuno Aguiar: Individual High School State Champion, The Quill-2nd place. -A Cappella-“Pitch Please”, A Cappella Champion, Dance Ensemble- Hip Hop: Small Ensemble- 2nd place, Student Choreography-Small Ensemble: Superior, Overall High School Results: 3rd place
- Northwood has established the Northwood Boosters and Friends & Alumni Association. Membership is open to all members of the Northwood community and meetings are held regularly.
- The CTE department at Northwood continues to receive local, state, and international recognition for excellence in and out of the classroom. Northwood placed 2nd in State FFA Horse CDE!
- The ARTS won best communities for music education.
- The 2019-2020 school year brought many athletic victories to Northwood. Many teams and individuals advanced deep into regional and state playoff competition earning recognition for their success.
- Northwood students earned three Morehead-Cain (UNC) and two Park Scholarship (NC State) nominations.
- The current site of Northwood was built in 1972 (buildings A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, & J). Building K was added in 1993. In 2007, the modular pod was added with eight classrooms. The Arts Wing and Gym were built on in 2009. The latest addition was in 2016 when 7 classrooms were built in a second modular pod.
See below for an awesome Pitch Please youtube video!