EC Department's Mission, Vision, & Core Beliefs
MissionThe Chatham County Schools (CCS) Exceptional Children Department in partnership with schools, families, and the community, works collaboratively to meet the unique needs of each child resulting in meaningful, positive student outcomes.
VisionWe will educate, support, and advocate for students with disabilities in order to prepare them for life and success after graduation.
- All students can learn given the appropriate supports and time.
- All students deserve relevant, rigorous, evidence-based instruction.
- Communication and collaboration are essential to the success of students and staff.
- Meeting the needs of the whole child including academic, social-emotional, behavioral, vocational, post-secondary.
- Students benefit when staff engages in relevant and meaningful professional learning and coaching.