Schedule Change Request Information
Drop/Add will be held twice per school year; once in July/August prior to the start of school and again during the 2nd 6-week grading period (for second-semester schedule change requests). Specific dates will be posted on the Northwood homepage. Schedule Change Requests will only be accepted using the posted online form during the Drop/Add period.
Please remember the following:
- Changes will be considered based upon seat availability
- Classes will not be moved to accommodate lunches, the schedules of others, specific teacher requests, etc.
Students may request a schedule change for one of the following reasons:
- You are a senior and you need the requested course to graduate
- You have not taken/passed the prerequisite for the course
- You have already taken this class and passed it for credit
- You are requesting to move up a level (Ex: Standard to Honors or Honors to AP)
- You would like to change electives (list of available courses by semester & period will be posted)
Be sure that your request aligns with one of the reasons for a schedule change above.
If you have reveiwed your schedule and you would like to request a change, please review the list of available courses by visiting
If a course is not listed in this document, then it may not be available during a particular period or there is no space available in the course.
You may request a schedule change for the second semester of the 2021-2022 school year by completing the request form below.
Requests can be submitted starting at 7:00am on Monday, November 8th. The last day to submit a schedule change request will be Tuesday, November 16th at 11:59pm.
Counselors will review requests in the order they are received. All schedule change requests must be submitted through the online form. Counselors and administrators will be unable to respond to phone calls and e-mails concerning schedule change requests until all requests submitted online are addressed.