Answers to most frequently asked questions about library policies at CCHS:
- Checkout Policy
- Students are allowed a maximum of four books to be checked out from our library. Class books are included in this number.
- Books are checked out for a period of three weeks, with one renewal. After that, see the librarian.
- Lost Books: Students are financially responsible for lost books. If you lose a book, please come see me. I promise that I won't be mad; it can happen to anyone. I just need to know so that I can start looking into replacing it.
- You may always bring in a lost book if you find it later.
- You can also buy a replacement copy instead of paying. You can likely find it cheaper than the price I paid.
- If you do have to pay for a book, see Mrs. Kivett.
- The school cannot issue refunds if you find a lost book after paying for it, so make sure you check everywhere before paying!
- A teacher's note is not required to use the CCHS library during the following open times:
- Before School
- During Break
- During Empower Hour
- After School
- A teacher's note is always required to enter the library during class time - even to print.
- Cell phone calls are not permitted in the media center. Please step into the hallway to make or answer calls.
- Please do not bring food or liquids inside the media center.
Empower Hour in the Library
The library is a study hall during Empower Hour. This means that it will be a quiet space for students who need to get work done.
Expectations for students:
- Work silently and independently- no talking
- Students must be actively working on assignments
- Use headphones for music/videos
- No food or drink in the library
CCHS Professional Policies:
*Image attribution: Public Domain, accessed 30 Sep. 2016, publicdomainpictures.net.
- Checkout Policy