Managing Your Student’s School Nutrition Account

  • Meals and other school nutrition purchases must be paid for ahead of time or at the cash register at the point of selection. Parents are encouraged to pay for their student’s meals in advance.  Prepayments can be made at intervals convenient for the parents—weekly, monthly or for the entire year.  Each student has an individual account specific to his/her student ID number and all transactions are recorded as they are made.  For your convenience, we offer several options for managing the payments applied to your student’s school nutrition account:


    Prepay online

    With a MySchoolMoney account, paying for school meals is easy. Go to k12PaymentCenter to enroll. You'll need your child's PowerSchool ID number, available in your registration materials or from your school. Once your account is set up, you’ll have 24-hour access to the information and other benefits.  For more information, click here


    Prepay in the school cafeteria

    We accept cash or check prepayments in the school cafeteria.  These will be immediately applied to your student’s account.  Please make the check payable to your school cafeteria.


    Pay at the point of sale

    While prepayments are encouraged, we do accept cash or check payments for individual meals at the cash register in the cafeteria’s serving line.


    Monitoring account activity

    You may speak to your school cafeteria manager about getting a record of your student's purchases or restricting sales (such as "lunch only," "snacks on Fridays only," etc.).


    Charged Meals

    Occasionally, students may forget to bring money for school meals.  It is the policy of Chatham County Schools to ensure students receive a meal in these situations; however, the student’s account will be billed in the amount applicable according the National School Lunch Plan Free and Reduced Meal Guidelines. Parents are responsible for covering any debt accrued to their students account.  CCS School Nutrition staff will help communicate low balance and any charges to parents through discreet verbal and written notifications sent home with the student and phone calls home, as needed.
    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


    (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


    (2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or


    (3)        email:


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.