"Let Us Lead By Serving Others"
Prerequisites for membership into the Chatham Central Beta Club are as follows:
- A student must have a 3.75 unweighted GPA to be inducted.
- Any student who has been suspended for any reason while attending Chatham Central is disqualified from membership.
- Any transfer student who is already a Beta Club member must abide by the Chatham Central rules and regulations once his membership is transferred.
After induction into the Beta Club, the following rules are also applied (along with the previous rules.)
- Any member who misses more than two meetings will be dropped from the club.
- Any member who owes money to the club and does not pay it in the specified time limit will be dropped.
- All members must maintain a 3.5 unweighted GPA. If one’s GPA falls below 3.5, he/she has one semester in which to pull his/her average up. If he/she does not, then he/she will be dropped from the club.
- Any member who is suspended from school for any reason will be dropped from the club.
- Any member who is sent to ISS for any reason will be given a warning. A second trip to ISS for any reason during the student’s entire high school career will result in dismissal from the club.
- All members must complete 15 hours of volunteer time at the PTA Thrift Shop. (Some hours must be completed by the member) Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the club. Hours must be completed by the end of April for seniors and the end of June for Juniors.
If you are planning on attending the NC BETA Conference you must have your 10 hours completed by the end of December.
- Cheating is a serious offense. Any member who is caught cheating in any class will be placed on probation from the club for 1 year. If the member works 20 hours of community service (as assigned by the sponsor), he will be reinstated. If the incident occurs more than once, the member will be dropped permanently from the club.
- All members are expected to participate fully in all service projects sponsored by the club. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the club. Service projects are counted as required meetings. (See Rule#1)
- There is a one-time NATIONAL BETA CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $20.00 (National dues & Beta Shirt)