New to Chatham?
Welcome to Chatham County Schools!
The mission of Chatham County Schools is to graduate globally competitive and confident students by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum in a supportive, safe and nurturing learning environment.
Chatham County Schools has 18 schools: one early college, four high schools (three traditional and one alternative), three middle schools, five K-8 schools and five elementary schools. Just under 9,000 students are enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grades. Drivers of 93 yellow school buses travel more than a million miles each school year transporting approximately 4,000 students to and from school. Multiple schools have pre-kindergarten and after-school programs. The district employs about 1,200 people and is the largest single employer in Chatham County.
How To Enroll
Contact the data manager at the school to which your child is assigned. (School Assignment Locator)
- Bennett (K-8) - 336-581-3586
- Bonlee (K-8) - 919-837-5316
- Chatham Central High (9-12) - 919-837-5412
- Chatham Middle (6-8) - 919-663-2414
- Horton Middle (6-8) - 919-542-2303
- J.S. Waters (K-8) - 919-898-2259
- Jordan-Matthews High (9-12) - 919-663-3820
- Margaret B. Pollard Middle (6-8) - 919-969-0070
- Moncure (K-8) - 919-542-3725
- North Chatham Elementary (K-5) - 919-918-2960
- Northwood High (9-12) - 919-542-5877
- Perry Harrison Elementary (K-5) - 919-967-9925
- Pittsboro Elementary (K-5) - 919-542-3987
- SAGE Academy (Alternative 9-12) - 919-663-5899
- Siler City Elementary (K-5) - 919-663-2032
- Silk Hope (K-8) - 919-742-3911
- Virginia Cross Elementary (K-5) - 919-742-4279
When you take your child to the school, you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of residence - The proof of residence must be in the name of the parent or a legal guardian/legal custodian.
- current, recently dated residential utility bill (gas, water, electric, land-line phone) or
- signed lease/rental agreement or
- signed closing statement or construction agreement with closing date or
- a statement from the school social worker verifying, after a visit to the address, that the family does reside in the identified dwelling
- Proof of guardianship, if not the biological parent
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record